It is summer time! Which means the sun is out, there is warm weather and aaaaallll the party dips are going to start showing up on all the party tables. It also means you are going to have a ton of tomatoes soon if you have a garden. Homemade salsa is the number one thing I love making from the veggies in my garden. Here is a simple and traditional recipe to help you get to all of those tomatoes before they go bad. Or you can just take a bomb salsa to your next party gathering and everyone will love you. You’re welcome!
- 6-8 On the vine tomatoes chopped in large cubes
- 1 medium white or yellow onion chopped into large cubes
- 1 medium bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp. of tomate (tomato bouillon)
- 2 tbsp. of jalapeño juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add tomatoes first to a food processor
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor. Folks get worried about the spice with the jalapeño juice. It is not spicy, but if you do want to add some spice throw in a few jalapeño slices along with the rest of the ingredients
- Pulse first until most ingredients are broken down, then puree until desired consistency
You can enjoy this salsa with chips or if you are looking for more of a low carb alternative you can enjoy this salsa with pork rinds. Either way my family loves it. Putting this salsa on top of eggs in the morning is our ultimate favorite! We love saving extra in mason jars and giving some to our neighbors and friends as well. Enjoy! Comment and let me know if you try this recipe! I’d love to hear from you!