I had a lot of avocados I needed to use before they went to waste. I absolutely do not like wasting food. I feel there is always a way to incorporate foods in some sort of recipe before they go to waste. So here it is, the creation of the Creamy Avocado Pesto Chicken all because I didn’t want the avocadoes to go to waste. Our family experimented and put this sauce on our roasted veggies as well, and it was delicious! My family, including my kids, said this sauce is at the top of the list for their favorite recipes I make. Ahhhh, music to my ears!
Servings: 6 people Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 thin cut chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (I use Kirkland brand)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Sundried tomatoes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Avocado Pesto Sauce
- Put heavy whipping cream, pesto sauce, water, avocado and garlic in blender. Pulse until sauce is thick and creamy. Salt and Pepper to taste. Put to the side
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Salt and pepper chicken. To a medium high heated pan add olive oil and chicken. Side note: If chicken breast is a thick cut, slice chicken breast in half and make 2 thin chicken breasts out of the 1 thick chicken breast. Cook chicken on both sides for about 3 minutes. Do not cook chicken all the way.
- Once all chicken breasts are partially cooked on both sides, while chicken is still in the pan, add a dollop of the creamy avocado pesto sauce on top of each chicken breast and spread sauce on each chicken breast. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly on each chicken breast now covered with the creamy avocado pesto sauce. Place in oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is thoughrouly cooked.
- When chicken is cooked, add/sprinkle a few sundried tomatoes if desired. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
You can serve this chicken with veggies like we did, or add it with pasta. This really is an easy and super tasty meal. If you try this Creamy Avocado Pesto Chicken recipe, leave a comment below and tag me in your recipe photo on social media. I would love to hear from you! Bonus: You can win a gift card! I will pick a random person each week who has tried a recipe, tags me in a photo and leaves a comment on the recipe post they’ve tried. YAY!