Around here at my house we LOVE lettuce wraps. I try to find any recipe I can that would taste good in a lettuce wrap. We also love curry. I know curry is one of those spices people either like or do not like. Well around here, we don’t like it, we love it. When we are tired of having the same kind of foods we add a spice to it to switch things up. Today we chose curry and these Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps turned out super yummy. My family loved eating this! Its super easy, healthy and simple too!
Servings: 4-5 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 can shredded chicken (I use Kirkland brand)
- 1 head of butter lettuce or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 tsp. yellow curry powder (a little extra to sprinkle on top of lettuce wrap)
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine mayo and curry powder together in a bowl. Mix until mayo and curry are thoroughly mixed or until mayo is a light-yellow color.
- Add shredded canned chicken, green onions, red bell pepper, cilantro and salt and pepper to mayo and curry mix. Mix well and until all shredded chicken is broken up.
- Place chicken salad in butter lettuce or romaine lettuce.
- Sprinkle yellow curry powder and chopped cilantro on top.
I have found butter lettuce to be a little easier to handle for the little hands of my kids, but also noticed all ingredients hold better in butter lettuce when making any kind of lettuce wraps. For my Whole 30 friends, just be sure you use canned chicken that is approved. There are clean eating cans of chicken and tuna at Trader Joes. If you try this Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps recipe, leave a comment below and tag me in your recipe photo on social media. I would love to hear from you! Bonus: You can win a gift card! I will pick a random person each week who has tried a recipe, tags me in a photo and leaves a comment on the recipe post they’ve tried. YAY!