Easy Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
During the fall season I usually have a ton of zucchini I need to use. If I don’t have a garden that year, I usually am receiving zucchini from neighbors and friends. Here is a recipe to use when you need to use all the zucchini you have before they go bad.
Servings: 4-6 Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 medium sized zucchinis cut in half and middle hallowed out
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- 4 oz. of mushrooms chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2.25 oz. can sliced olives drained
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 jar Rao’s Tomato Basil red sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice zucchini in half long ways. Take a spoon and scoop out the middle of the zucchini creating a zucchini boat. You will use what you scooped out of the middle of the zucchini later so be sure to place to the side
- Lay zucchini boats on a baking sheet or in a baking dish skin down
- Drizzle olive oil over zucchini boats and salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini boats in the oven for 20 minutes. If zucchini boats are done before meat mix is done, take out of the oven and place to the side
- While zucchini is baking, add ground meat to a medium high heated pan until done cooking. Drain fat from meet in a strainer and place to the side.
- In the same pan meat was cooked add 1 tbsp. olive oil, mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions begin to become transparent
- Add to the pan, cooked meat, middle of zucchini that was scooped out, olives, oregano, basil, sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix ingredients well
- Add meat mix to the middle of the zucchini boats, stuffing the boats as much as you’d like.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of stuffed zucchini boats and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve
This Easy Stuffed Zucchini Recipe is a good way to mix things up at the dinner table. My kids thought they were so cool because I called them boats. It’s also a great recipe to have when you need more idea to use all your zucchini from your garden. Comment below to let me know how you liked this recipe. I’d love to hear from you! Enjoy!