I needed a snack that was sugar free. I was craving chocolate covered almonds, but didn’t want to run to the store looking for them. These sugar fee cocoa dusted almonds did the trick for me and I already had all the ingredients in my pantry. I will say if you are not a dark chocolate fan this is not for you. But I am a dark chocolate fan so I loved it. If you are a dark chocolate fan you’ll have a yummy snack in minutes.
Prep time: 3-5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. butter, salted
- 2 cups plain almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 Pyure or any powdered sweetener substitute
- Pinch of salt
- Combine cocoa powder, sweetener and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Mix ingredients together well and place to the side.
- Melt butter on medium heat in pan.
- Add almonds to pan and toss, making sure almonds are coated with butter.
- Add butter coated almonds to the cocoa and sweetener mix. Toss almonds in mix making sure all almonds are coated with cocoa and sweetener mix and enjoy!
You can say I was on a sweet tooth fix the day I made these because I even dipped these almonds in a sugar free whip cream/cream cheese dip. My husband loves taking these to work to snack on. My kids love snacking on these when I won’t let them eat much right before dinner. If you try this Sugar Free Cocoa Dusted Almonds recipe, leave a comment below and tag me in your recipe photo on social media. I would love to hear from you! Bonus: You can win a gift card! I will pick a random person each week who has tried a recipe, tags me in a photo and leaves a comment on the recipe post they’ve tried. YAY!