On the keto diet, not being able to eat sugar has been the best thing for my health, but let’s face it, it has been the HARDEST thing for me to give up. I have been in the kitchen working hard on a recipe that will satisfy those sweet cravings. I took a few of my favorite things and put them all in these Sugar Free Macadamia Nut Chocolate Cups. I am so happy with how these turned out. It has a bit of a dark chocolate taste (which I love) but it is for sure heavenly.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sweetener of your choice. I use Pyure
- 2 tbsp. sugar free hazelnut syrup
- 1/2 macadamia nuts pulsed in food processor
Other materials needed
- Mini cupcake liners
- Tart pan
- Food processor
- Place mini cupcake liners in tart pan. Place to the side.
- Add macadamia nuts to food processor and pulse until macadamia nuts are at desired size or bits. Place to the side.
- Add coconut oil to a low heated pan. Do not put heat on high. When adding the cacao powder you do not want the oil to be super hot or else it will burn the cacao powder. If you burn the cacao powder you will taste bitter burnt chocolate.
- Once coconut oil is melted add and whisk in cacao powder, heavy whipping cream, sweetener and hazelnut syrup. Whisk well until all ingredients combine well.
- Once all other ingredients are combined, whisk in pulsed macadamia nut bits and mix well.
- Now it is time to pour the chocolate. I pour the chocolate from the pan into a glass measuring cup first, stir it and then pour the chocolate from the glass measuring cup into the mini cupcake liners that line the tart pan. The glass spout on the glass measuring cup helps guide the chocolate better when pouring.
- Place mini tart tray into the freezer for 30 minutes then enjoy!
Be sure to store these in a sealed tight container in the fridge. Do not leave them out. Once at room temperate chocolates will begin to melt. Our family loves these. My kids sneak in the fridge to grab and eat. These are a great snack to take to the movies or to have one or two to kill a sweet craving. Again, they are heavenly! I want to hear from you. Let me know how you like these! If you have an Instagram tag me @lifewithvoni.