Sweet and Savory Asian Cauliflower
My family is usually pretty good at eating whatever I cook for dinner with a smile on their face, but lately I noticed they were not touching the cauliflower. Even my husband wasn’t getting too excited about it. I can tell they were getting tired of it, but its a veggie that I love so I had to figure out a way to switch it up a bit. I thought about what types of food my family loves to eat and Asian foods came to mind. I thought “if I can make this cauliflower with an Asian style twist somehow I know my family will eat it.” I tried it and they did! YAY!
One of the ingredients used in this recipe is Coconut liquid aminos. If you aren’t too familiar with coconut liquid aminos, it has a little bit of an all seasoning taste to it, but it also has a bit of a sweet soy sauce taste to it as well. More sweet than salty. Coconut liquid aminos is a healthier alternative and our family loves using it with vegetables and meats. It’s really yummy! If you give it a try comment below and let me know.
Servings: 4-6 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame seed oil
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp. ground or fresh ginger. If fresh be sure to grate ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Red crushed peppers (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use Himalayan sea salt)
- To a medium high heated pan add olive oil, garlic and cauliflower. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook cauliflower for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add sesame seed oil, liquid aminos, green onions, ginger, sesame seeds and mix well. Stirring occasionally, cook cauliflower for another 4-5 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Stir in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste
- Top with red crushed peppers (optional)
When my husband tried this he immediately asked if we could make the cauliflower like this again. I would say the cauliflower made a come back at the dinner table. That sure is a win to me!